Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bah, bah...this is the sound of blogging...

So, I decided enough time had passed and it was time to post another entry. Since my last entry, life went a little haywire for me. I won't bore you with the details, but that said, it's been a life changing four months. Some bad, some good. Bad situation that I'm pulling positive from.

Unfortunately, my writing output has slowed a little. On here and other projects I was working on. But I hope to be coming out the other end of that. Wish me luck. So onward...

As I sit here writing this, I'm listening to the new Death Cab For Cutie album and digging it. More upbeat than their previous efforts. I like it. Of course for me, most Death Cab albums are like getting underneath a worn and comfortable blanket on a cold and rainy winter's day. There's just something familiar and comforting about them. This one is no different. From Ben Gibbard's vocals to Chris Walla's guitar, it just continues to work. Though I would still like to have another Postal Service album as well. Oh well, beggars and choosers blah blah blah.

So speaking of music, I will be attending Free Press Summer Fest this weekend and am incredibly excited. My first time to check out Weezer live. Lots of really cool bands. I can't wait. Just wish I could share it with my festival partner but that is not possible at this time. *sigh* Oh well, make the best of it, I always says....Felt like I was turning into some turn of the 19th century English scoundrel mentoring some Oliver Twist/Jim Hawkins type of street urchin for a second there. I'm too tired, methinks.

Alright, my brain is already tired from a lot of outside forces so we end it here for today. But I'll leave you with this thought: Lady Gaga scares me. Don't know what it is exactly about her looks but she reminds me of Marilyn Manson and it freaks me out a tad bit.

No comments:

Tunes currently being enjoyed by the Robot Monkey


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones