Thursday, April 24, 2008

I, Robot Monkey...and Solomon Grundy..

I copied this idea from Liz: (who in turn copied it from somebody else so I guess this can be traced to a guy somewhere in Nigeria). Thanks for allowing me to make a lazy entry today, Lizard.

i am: at work, valiantly fending off the overwhelming tide of boredom.
i think: we would all better off if all of life's problems could be solved by the Kool-Aid Man busting through the walls and yelling "OH YEAH!"
i know: that I can be very infantile 98% of the time
i want: I want a new job that will completely provide for my family
i have: too much I want to do and not enough time to do it in
i wish: I had better focus so that I could take better advantage of all my downtime
i hate: stupid and selfish emotions
i miss: my friends
i fear: not realizing my full potential and wallowing in mediocrity
i feel: tired, but full of excitement
i hear: "Manna" by Rogue Wave
i smell: only the grossly obnoxious odor of the inside of my own nose (being stopped up sucks)
i crave: a pint of Guinness and a plate of fish and chips
i search: constantly for new experiences, whether it be music, movies, events or people
i wonder: will I ever fully realize my dreams
i regret: not making the most of some early opportunities in my life
i love: spending time with friends and family and entertaining the hell out of them
i ache: every time I turn on the news (which is all to often lately) and hear about more crimes committed against children
i care: about all the little things and the big things too
i always: have to respond to things with what passes for "witty" with me
i am not: weak
i believe: we need to be constantly learning and that when we stop, we cease to grow as humans
i dance: only when my wife begs me to
i sing: all the time and fantasize that I am performing for a large audience
i don’t always:
i fight: with the inane stupidity of most Americans on a daily basis
i write: blogs, novels I never finish, poetry, daily action reports. You know, the usual
i win: lose, or draw.
i lose: time. And my head.
i never: eat sushi. (Okay, I had to steal this one from Liz, as I utterly detest sushi)
i confuse: my political parties because honestly, they both seem the same to me either way
i listen: to sports radio talk shows more than I should (but I'm too much of a freakin' sports junkie)
i can usually be found: in front of my computer or in my truck
i am scared: roaches. Those damn things make me cry like a little baby.
i need: more money and a career that provides job fulfillment
i am happy about: the utterly silliness of life
You?


And with that, I sign off for an extended weekend (yay.) as I celebrate my birthday this weekend. And if anyone is in the H-Town area next weekend, we are having a shindig for my birthday (some people were not gonna be available this weekend [..uhm, Ashley...])on Saturday (May 3). So if your interested, give me a yell and I'll give you the pertinent info.

And now, to leave you with the obligatory odd video: a commercial for Cartoon Network from awhile back. The Injustice League in "Whiners can be losers." Enjoy. Because Solomon Grundy wants pants, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tunes currently being enjoyed by the Robot Monkey


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones