Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The smell of burning rubber haunts me...

Today was one of those days (as my father has said), "I shoulda stood in bed." First off, I'm frickin' tired and sleepy. Secondly, I had a tire blowout on the freeway (always fun). I drive it about another mile, to get it somewhere safe (in this case, a Shell station) and contemplate what to do. See, I'm already riding on my spare. To make matters worse, it's at least two hours before something like a Discount Tire opens. I figure, I'll leave the truck here for an hour and a half, go get a new tire, come back and put it on and move on down the road. My brother (who is carpooling with me) goes in the gas station to inform the clerk and he comes back with "She said the parking lot's too small to leave it here, so we have to move it." As I begin to curse up a blue streak , knowing this is about to go from costly to expensive as I contemplate calling a wrecker to tow me elsewhere...a solution presents itself. Luckily, I was close to work and a coworker drives the same type of truck so he let me borrow his spare. So, problem solved for now. But I know a certain gas station chain that has lost my patronage.

Next, I get to work and it's the usual parade of ass clowns and mental midgets. From toadie contract security guards to departments not communicating with each other because we are looking for a stolen pallet that isn't stolen. It's pretty much downhill from there.

I am ready for the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Tunes currently being enjoyed by the Robot Monkey


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones