Friday, February 8, 2008

Fighting with myself and celebrities that aren't yet dead. Hey, it's Friday..



Happy Friday!

It's just so easy to be happy on Friday. In spite of the fact that I'm at work and people were either attempting to run me off the road or flip me off and have class tomorrow and I am dog tired, I'm glad it's Friday.

So, I'm thinking today about lots of random thoughts (the hell you say, Kyle!) and one such thought was about people. The reason they do such stupid things.
Then it occurred to me: People are fundamentally stupid. They are sheep that nine times out of ten will take the path of least resistance. Hence, they do not challenge themselves. Ergo, they will not grow or evolve as humans. Vis-à-vis, I will insert more obscure and vaguely intellectually sounding words in an attempt to mask this as some philosophical lightning strike of brilliance, all the while ramping up the hyperbole.

Eureka, did I just write that? I seem to have slipped into some sort of metafictional writing style where I'm wryly commenting on my own writing. Stop it. Now. Joke's over. (Pause) Was it necessary to add the "Pause"? Dammit stop. *sigh*

Fine. Since, I seem to be unable to stop, I will press on. (Like some sort of wounded martyr, since of course this is important crap and just a fucking blog.) Hey, what the hell do you know, this is damn hard! (Asshole, I'm you. You're basically telling yourself you don't understand what you are going through. What kind of bollocks is that?) Listen, you condescending prick, it's really hard sometimes- (That's what she said) Ha-ha, that joke is definitely fresh. Steve Carrell hasn't gotten maximum usage out of it yet. Please continue. (.......)

Just like I thought, all out of jokes. Like I was saying, humans will die out as a species if they don't continue to upgrade from the previous model and this will only happen through conflict- (Penis. Penis. Penis. Penis.) What the hell? (I was continuing.) That was just retarded and slightly childish. (I know, I couldn't think of anything. You were right, it is hard to come up with stuff on the fly.) That's what I was saying. (Eh, let's call it a week. We'll start with something fresh next week.) Yeah, that sounds good but we can't just end it on such a shitty note. It's weak. (Well, come up with something pithy and witty.) I'm telling you, I got nothing. (Hmmm....)

Wait, I got it.

And now, to send you off for the weekend on the right foot, here are pictures of random celebrities that you may have thought were dead but are in fact, still alive. Enjoy!


Charlotte Rae, best known as Miss Garrett on "Diff'rent Strokes" and "The Facts of Life". And staying with the "Diff'rent Strokes" theme...



Conrad Bain, Mr. Drummond on "Diff'rent Strokes"


Sasquatch, Err, I mean Burt Reynolds *shudder*


Hal Linden of "Barney Miller" Fame


Gene Wilder


Bob Uecker "Mr. Baseball"


Alex Karras, George Papadopolis on "Webster"

And that perennial favorite to whom many websites are dedicated:


Abe Vigoda, Fish on "Barney Miller" and Sal Tessio in "The Godfather"

Tunes currently being enjoyed by the Robot Monkey


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones