Friday, February 22, 2008

Politics, schmolitics...

Well, it has been a week. Seven days just completely filled it up. And I swear, each day felt like twenty-four hours long. Seriously, it was...a week.

Seriously, there weren't many opportunities this week to write. Between move-in for "The Incredible Red Neck Circle Jerk" (or Rodeo 2008 as it is more commonly called), training a new employee and just about every concievable interruption you can think of. So, only one sparkling turd of an entry this week.

This week, my mind (or what passes for it) turns to politics. Hold on and calm down, before you go off half-cocked (heh heh, "half-cocked") thinking "Here we go. Now, he begins pushing his personal politics on us", listen to me. Not so and for a couple of reasons.
One, I think all of the candidates are as about as much fun as an oral bowel movement. Couldn't care less about any of them. The only one I am even remotely interested in is Ron Paul and I don't like all of his foreign policy as it seems more suited to a pre-WWI mentality. Isolationism is not the answer. Besides, I sadly think he has less chance of getting elected than that Pauley Shore/ Carrot Top version of "Waiting For Godot" with Wombats wielding chainsaws winning 10 Oscars.
Two, my goal with this blog was not write anything too serious but keep things kinda light-hearted without alienating too many people. So, no fears, folks. If I do offend anyone by writing something they see as "picking" on their candidates, I'm sorry...but don't be so thin skinned for crying out loud. All of these people are snake oil salesmen, if you think these are geniune people you see, I once flew to the moon on the back of large talking rutabaga named "Freddy" who told me all the secrets of the universe but I'm not gonna share them with you because, ummmmm, I'm a meany. Please. While I don't doubt that every single candidate believes sincerely they have the answers to best run the country, they are still doing whatever they need to get elected, even lie to your face.
Here's my random thoughts on politics: In their current state, utterly useless. Not all the way they were intended to be. Career politician was not supposed to be an occupation. It was supposed to be more like military service.

I have to cut this short for now, but I assure I will post something more next week which will include in random order: my finishing thoughts on politics, more pop culture references, random thoughts about the different candidates, childish jokes and vulgar words, despicable acts of cruelty involving fruit, a rhyming game involving all 43 Presidents and lots of turkey slapping.

I will leave you with this one pearl: I was talking to someone who is planning on voting for Hillary and wouldn't vote for Obama because (and I had to laugh my ass off at the sheer stupidity of this comment) he wasn't "black enough". I told him this was funny (and a bit weird) on a couple of levels: A)The term "black enough" boggles my mind because who decides and what the hell does it refer to? When is one "black enough"? Is it something that is voted on by one's peers?
B)The speaker in question was white.
C)He was voting for Hillary who isn't "woman enough".
When will put aside our differences, stop getting caught up on looks and vote for the person with the highest score on "Donkey Kong". Oh well....

(And yes, that was a reference to the documentary "The King of Kong". Do yourself a favor and check it out.).

No comments:

Tunes currently being enjoyed by the Robot Monkey


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones